Welcome TO Muktaa Charitable Foundation
Muktaa Charitable Foundation (MCF) is a not-for-profit, registered public trust founded by socially conscious citizens. (Registration Number: Maha/1215/2010/Pune) Founders of the Trust are volunteers who have come together to help manage the trust and its projects. Muktaa Helpline now known as Samvad Helpline started its journey on 5th October 2005 with 1 counsellor and 1 phone line. Saved HIV Helpline -a free, anonymous, one-to-one telephonic counselling, information and referral centre is an initiative of MCF.Today we have 12 counsellors on 10 lines; taking more than 100 calls a day! We have call centre in Pune, Maharashtra and Patna, Bihar. Till date Savedhashelped to bring about change in the lives of over 1 lakh 50 thousand people with phone calls from all over India. We have also partnered with MSACS (Maharashtra State AIDS Control Society) and have been steadily gaining ground in our fight against the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Today, Samvad Helpline has established itself as the largest and most reputed helpline for HIV in India.
Our other new initiatives include:
• Ankur (systematic disclosure of their HIV status to children living with HIV)
• AASHA (initiative to enhance adherence to ART)
• Sampark (Free mobile service to helpline for rural and illiterate people)
• Call back service for desperate callers
• SMS reminder service for ART refill.
• Sakav for life skill education in schools and colleges .
• Samvad TB helpline .
• WE CAN project for cancer awareness and tobacco de-addiction.
• No-addict: A initiative to prevent and treat addiction by way of education and counselling.
To make a significant impact on the epidemic of HIV and AIDS
• A compassionate, non judgmental attitude
• Accuracy of information
• Highest ethical standards with respect to privacy and confidentiality.